Thursday 18 September 2008

Samsung vs Toshiba: Which One?

Alrighty There People!

Okay, I need your help.

As you are no doubt aware, I currently have a lowly 20" Toshiba CRT TV. Although it has served me well since I purchased it off of eBay two years ago for £38.00, I feel that it is really not doing justice to the visual capabilities of my PS3. For some time now, I have been eyeing various deals on TV's, and checking out the spec on various models.

I have decided that I only need a 32". Wait. No. That's not true. I actually need a 50". I have been forced to acknowledge that my living room can in no way accommodate a 50" TV, nor in fact a 42", nor even, depressingly, a 37". Therefore, I have been forced into only sourcing a 32" HDTV.

Now, my fantastic wife, previously employed by a major electrical retailer, who should remain nameless but is in fact Comet - the retailer, not my wife - has informed me that Samsung are the best TVs on the market. My father, on the other hand, who, although being a technophobe, believes he is an expert, tells me that Toshiba is the best manufacturer of TVs, and that, had the price been right, he would have gone for one of those, instead of his Samsung, which he loves.

Okay. So. Predicament. Two TV's below. The Toshiba is £50.00 cheaper than the Samsung. They are both the same size. Which one should I go for?





Seriously, I need your help. Answers in the comments below.

Thanks in advance!

No comments: