Wednesday 24 March 2010

No! My PS3 is Dead!

Morning all. A very glum, despair-filled morning, may I add.

My PS3's Blu Ray drive packed in last night.

It's the 60gb, fat PS3 that I have, purchased from Comet (UK) in December 2007.

Although I'm not a hard core gamer, it gets reasonable use, and I hardly ever use it to watch blu ray films.

So here's the thing. I turn on the PS3 to play Fifa. It doesn't recognise that there is a disc in. Strange. Turn it off, turn it on, still doesn't recognise it.

Take the disc out, check it, clean it, pop it back in. Still nothing.

Hmm.

Try Avatar. Nope.

Try a mp3 CD. Yes, reads it.

Try Digger Demo - takes AGES to start, get an error message:

An error occurred during the start operation (80010006)

Tried it again, it worked. Still no game discs though.

After writing an email to Sony, outlining the above, I went to bed, very frustrated.

Got up this morning, still wouldn't read game discs.

Anyone else had this problem, know of a solution?

I've Googled it, and a lot of the answers are "Folding at home corrupted".

I haven't installed folding at home.

I can HEAR the drive struggling to read discs.

HELP!

No comments: