Sunday 31 August 2008

Fatal Inertia EX


I really fancied the look of this game, as I quite like a god flying game. But I must admit I was really disappoint with this. The concept is pretty good - a flying racing game - a bit like pod racing from Star Wars. But in this game you pick up random weapons, which you can obviously use against your opponents.

I had a number of issues with this game:

1. It was too easy. Playing the first game, which is three laps, I was in first place by halfway around the first lap. I like my games to be challenging, and this certainly was not.

2. The weapons - which you pick up by flying over pods - are random - ie, you don't see a yellow pod and think "Oooh, cluster bombs," or a blue pod and think, "Nice! Laser!" - you just see pods, and wonder what you are going to get.


3. You can't store weapons. Dfespite flying over many pods, you can't collect any more weapons until you've used your existing ones - which means that you can't have a reserve. So when you've run out of the current weapons, you need to wait until you fly over the next pod to get a weapon.


4. Graphics. Not what PS3 owners are demanding. Again, I apologise, as I do not have an HDTV - but I've seen good graphics on my PS3, on my TV (I do have GT5 Prologue, you know). Fatal Inertia does not have good graphics, it is as simple as that.


Would I buy this game? No. In fact, since downloading the demo, I have tried it again since, and turned it off halfway through, because I thought it was so bad.


My rating: 3/10


Your comments are welcome!


No comments: